LipSense set includes LipSense liquid lip color, a moisturizing Gloss, and an Ooops! Remover. First time users must have a gloss to seal the lip colour and a remover in the event they need to remove the product.
LipSense Liquid Lip Color
LipSense comes in a wide variety of shades and textures; luscious mattes, seductive sheers, inspiring sparkles, and playful frosts. LipSense lip colors are perfect to mix and match; LipSense is versatile and can be used to create a number of effects.
The Science Behind the Product
This unique product is waterproof and does not smear off, rub off, nor kiss off! And, just as important it does not dry out lips. In fact, it restores the moisture content of lips when used properly. LipSense liquid lip color can last anywhere between 4 and 18 hours. LipSense is a non-wax liquid lip color that stays on skin. LipSense provides a natural shield from the sun. The proprietary formulations and color pigments in LipSense help create a mechanical covering for the lips. That means the skin on lips is protected from the sun's rays by the color pigments, therefore lips are protected from harmful rays. That is just one of the reasons lips become so smooth and soft with consistent use of LipSense. LipSense should be applied in three layers:
- 1st layer - touches the skin's pH and will begin to break down first and fastest.
- 2nd layer - protected from the bottom, away from the skin's pH, by the first layer.
- 3rd layer - protects the second layer from the top down and prevents sheering of second layer of color by keeping away friction, saliva, and the natural environment.
The third layer breaks down just like the first layer, but from the top down. The second layer is sandwiched between the first and third and is protected by both for the longest period of use.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
- SD Alcohol 40 – used as a delivery system for the color technology; creates a germ and bacteria-free environment.
- Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract – a natural calming plum flower herb.
- Hypericum Perforatum Extract – also known as St John's Wort, a natural herb used to elavate mood and treat depressions.
- Tilia Cordata Flower Extract – a natural flower extract rich in flavonoids and a powerful anti-oxidant.
- Isodonis Japonicus Extract – Fragrant plant extract that contains terpenes, shown to have medicinal properties to soothe skin.
- Mica – an earth mineral used to give products sparkle and shine.
- Titanium Dioxide – an inert earth mineral used as a thickening ingredient and sunscreen in cosmetics. It protects skin from UVA and UVB radiation and is considered to have no risk of skin irritation.
LipSense Liquid Lip Color Directions for Use
Apply in one direction from the outside corner of the mouth in a fluid, sweeping motion. Let each layer dry for 3-5 seconds before applying the next layer. The long-lasting properties of LipSense are enhanced by our moisturizing glosses which feature Shea Butter to help keep your lips moist, plump and protected.
For best results, LipSense products must be applied to clean, dry lips. For a more defined, finished look, use LinerSense before applying the lip color. LipSense needs to be shaken horizontally prior to application. LipSense is applied by using a layering technique. After placing color onto the wand, begin application at the corner of mouth, (usually) using the longest length of the applicator. Keep lips apart, and follow the natural shape of lips starting at the outer corner of the mouth. With one continual stroke, apply one layer of color from one corner to the other corner of the bottom lip, then one layer of color to the top lip. Apply the color, moving the applicator in one continuous direction versus going back and forth like you would with lipstick. Let each layer set for a few seconds before proceeding to the next. It is not recommended to apply more than three layers of color. When the application of the third layer of color is complete and the color has set, apply one of the LipSense Moisturizing Glosses over the final layer. Do not press lips together until the moisturizing gloss has been applied onto the last layer of lip color. After applying the gloss, press your lips together to smooth in the moisture rich gloss and enjoy the glorious look and feel of this long-lasting, advanced color technology!